Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day, I'm in my ZX3 at a light. I'm in the right lane that ends after the light (I need to go straight and catch the last ferry boat back home at 5 o'clock) and there's a riced up Scion Xb next to me. Fart can, slammed, camber, etc., but it could have been the 5 kids in it (white kids, flat bill caps over their Bieber haircuts).

Light changed and I accelerated pretty strongly, wanted to beat them to the lane merge. Kid realizes I'm driving pretty hard so he floors it, squeals his front tires a bit on the painted crosswalk. All his passengers are cheering. The thing is droning along beside me, hits the rev limiter and eases into the next gear (automatic shifting manually?).

I was hitting second and far enough ahead of him, under the 55 MPH speed limit put my blinker on and changed lanes. Cruised on at the speed limit, with these little d-bags following me closely. There was a gentle curve to the right than straightens out, and I knew he was going to try to pass me.

Sure enough, he pulled out and floored it. I lifted off, and they droned by, cut in front of me and put their 4 ways on. Pointing and laughing, telling me either they're number one or their IQ.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could have let him go first at the light, and tried to slip in behind but I figured with the fart can (no back pressure) and 5 people in the car (50% more GVW) I had an edge.

Didn't know it was an autotragic and he was shifting it manually but if I had I certainly wouldn't have backed off once I got up to speed.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Sick kill.

- Drew

·
Registered
940 Posts
I sometimes wish some d-bags with the slow ass rice burners like that would try to "race" my car. They wouldn't like the
out come of that decision I can tell you.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
I'm not in a Focus anymore, but I still encounter mouth breathers like the ones Jay Bones mentioned. They ain't worth the waste of fuel it would take to out rev them, let alone to put their car back into it's place. I let them have their "win" and then let them get disillusioned to the point that they will try and race anything.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Then, there's the as******

Ahem...

"Gentlemen" in Mustangs who race everything! I swear, I seen a dude-bro in a hopped up 05' Mustang GT fastback on black tuner wheels, race an old lady. She almost had him too; but then, one of the tennis balls popped off of her walker.

;)

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I'll race anything. But I prefer that they know we are racing when it's going on.

I enjoy lining up with the aforementioned Mustang guy. His dissapointment is strong and excuses endless at the end.

- Drew

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I dusted a tired old G20 automatic in my Tacoma. I felt that deserved some small price, so I went to Taco Bell to celebrate.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I dusted a tired old G20 automatic in my Tacoma. I felt that deserved some small price, so I went to Taco Bell to celebrate.
Should of raced them for stakes. Loser buys Imodium.

- Drew

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Surprise racing is always fun. Especially when I'm the one caught off guard. There's something to be said about a Corolla S on my right, peeling out at a green light when I'm making a left.

:LOL:

·
I am Teds custom title. Not anything like the one
2,916 Posts
my most memorable race was against an R/T Caliber awd. Sometimes it really is driver skill, as it was down to a fender when we were done lol

None the less, good kill sir!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts