Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I every one, I'm new here and I want to get some informations to have a Turbo on my Duratec 2.0L without Forged pistons and rods. I heard to boost around 8 PSI MAX and what will be the fiability of it? Maybe I want a Garrett if I ever want to upgrade to 15 PSI and more with Pistons and Rods.

I heard about the Tuner FSWERKS kit but does it's worthfull ? I already have a SCT X3 and a Steeda Intake and a 2.5 inch exhaust right after the Catalytic converter. I want an Intercooler too, I still think it must be added in any case.

The work will be done by myself cause I'm enough skilled in Mechanics and I'm going into a program to learn the Mechanics job.

What do you think about that?

Thanks alot

·
Ask me about my e-peen
707 Posts
I am using a Fsweks stage 2 kit, with the boost limiter set @ 12 psi on my 2.0L. Bone stock motor, 215wheel horsepower and 222wheel torque(if I recall correctly, i'll look for my dino sheet), with a very crappy exhaust setup and very heavy wheels (rotational mass). Plenty of power to spin the tires easily in 2nd and going into 3rd. I've had the turbo for over a year and use the car as my daily driver and for track days. I still smile everytime I drive my car, it's a completly different beast.
I highly recommend the kit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I dont want more than 250 whp at all, maybe in the low 200 cause I want to keep the Stock engine and some fiability!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
there are people who have been running their stage 2 FSW kits for a while now, ive got 13,000kms on mine now @ 13psi, but there are others who have had it since day one and like 100k. very reliable and even factory look aswell. a great add on for any duratec IMO. mine made 232 whp on the 2.0l @ 10psi with the base GT28R turbo aswell.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
^^ careful at 13psi, or you'll end up like iceguy. just because the turbo is reliable there doesn't mean the motor will be too.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I am using a Fsweks stage 2 kit, with the boost limiter set @ 12 psi on my 2.0L. Bone stock motor, 215wheel horsepower and 222wheel torque(if I recall correctly, i'll look for my dino sheet), with a very crappy exhaust setup and very heavy wheels (rotational mass). Plenty of power to spin the tires easily in 2nd and going into 3rd. I've had the turbo for over a year and use the car as my daily driver and for track days. I still smile everytime I drive my car, it's a completly different beast.
I highly recommend the kit.
Just outta curiosity, what turbo are you running?? I'm guessing the one that comes with the kit...:dunno:

·
Ask me about my e-peen
707 Posts
Just outta curiosity, what turbo are you running?? I'm guessing the one that comes with the kit...:dunno:
using the gt28r... my hp #'s are low due to the crappy center exhaust on the saleen. Way too much backpressure. I haven't found any options that I like that lets me keep the center exhaust.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
^^ careful at 13psi, or you'll end up like iceguy. just because the turbo is reliable there doesn't mean the motor will be too.
i try to be as careful as i can, i always run 94 octane when on 13psi, if i cant get 94 one day, i put it at wastegate pressure and run 8psi and wont turn it back up until take is fill with 94. so far its been good to me, hope it doesnt bite me in the ass however. good thing i got an EBC so my spiking boost levels are virtually non existent when driving correctly. listening for detonation is one other major thing i pay attention for when pedal to the medal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts