Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I do a lot of machining, and have started to make some parts for the older focus. I would like to do some stuff for the newer focus and the ST. Anyone got any ideas of some stuff you guys need??

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steering rack bushings which I know you're working on
Solid rear shock mounts
Shifter ends
What do the shock mounts look like?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, I'll buy one and see what I can do with it. Give me more ideas!! What about the k frame insulators? What are the stock ones made of.

·
Registered
819 Posts
How about an fittings for the steering rack? Dom used to make them a while ago. It would have to be machined for an o ring and tapered. Heres some pics. I would buy 2 sets right away if these were done.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about an fittings for the steering rack? Dom used to make them a while ago. It would have to be machined for an o ring and tapered. Heres some pics. I would buy 2 sets right away if these were done.

Those are already on the list! I just need to clip the lines out of a car at the yard for measurements. I made an AN setup for my car, but I part of the old line, and brazed AN ends onto it. I want to make a full bolt in kit too.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oh please do! I was going to do the same and braze a set on to mine, but a true bolt on fitting would be amazing.

·
I
13,302 Posts
Took a look at the bushes this weekend on the rack...no way I can get a measurement on them without dropping the subframe and removing the rack. There's a guy on the ST forum I PMd who has a totaled ST that could hopefully check.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took a look at the bushes this weekend on the rack...no way I can get a measurement on them without dropping the subframe and removing the rack. There's a guy on the ST forum I PMd who has a totaled ST that could hopefully check.
Sweet!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, check out my Facebook page for my projects and machine work! Facebook.com/alexthemachinist

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hey Alex got my parts on thursday, look amazing. What is the approximate eta on the AN rack lines?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Alex got my parts on thursday, look amazing. What is the approximate eta on the AN rack lines?
Just gotta get to the yard to clip a couple power steering lines. I'll try to get it done this week.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys, anyone else interested in some rack bushings? Also, check out these new offerings from my shop.

Shifter base solid bushings for late style shifter, may fit others. $45 shipped.

Conversion fitting for the power steering pressure line to use -6 AN stainless braided lines. $30 shipped

·
Registered
819 Posts
As am i, once both rack fittings are available he will have some more business from me!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry about being slow to finish the fittings. I have been putting all my energy into planning my wedding.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts