1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Saw this on Facebook. I really hope it's a joke!

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
I've never changed a timing belt, and this looks wrong to me. The belt is on backwards! Still this is most likely a joke.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never changed one either, and at first I didn't see it.

But I'm pretty sure you all are right that this is a joke.

·
Premium Member
12,444 Posts
I've seen poeople install brake pads with the metal backing plate against the rotors multiple times, I've seen people completely fill and I mean FILL engines with oil, seen people try driving a car with a no shoes inside a rear drum so all the fluid leaks out. Never underestimate the level of stupidity people can achieve.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I overheard a conversation the other day. Lady's divorced, got the house here and was asking this good old boy who is a Appalachian transplant who is a shade tree mechanic (only kind we have here) about the power steering belt squealing when she turns. Good old boy said it might be as simple as belt dressing.

Few days later she's in church and tells him "I put BLT dressing on it like you said, and its making noise even worse now."

Good old boy says "BLT dressing? What's that"

She says "What you told me. BLT dressing, so I put some mayonnaise on there."

Good old boy slapped his knee, "BLT dressing. I tol' you belt dressing." Belt comes out BLT in his Appalachian dialect. "Blt dressin'"

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Haha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts