Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen some info on here about the cluster but I’m not sure how to deal with the issue I’m having.
It starts and runs fine, the turn signals and other lamps work, when I turn the headlights on, it illuminates the cluster but the gauges all sit there un moving.
I have no idea where to start on this other than just replacing the cluster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have pulled it and I did happen to notice the lever on the connector broke on one side, making it really hard to disconnect it. I ordered a new pigtail to re-pin a new connector. Maybe that will work?

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I had to go with a used one with more miles. I really wish I could find an electronics expert that could go through it and replace the burnt-out capacitors or relays.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi I had the same problem, drove me nuts.The lights would go on and off. First thing is I disconnected the main connector and took it out , cleaned the connector and the cluster. Did not help. I went on Ebay and found Speedway Recyclers. You send in your broken cluster. He sends a rebuilt one. I my case my Svt only has 52,000 on it. He reset the the rebuilt on to the same mileage. I had to fill out some papers to make it legal. .....might help your problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts