Ford Focus Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
It's probably on the hard drive of my dead laptop. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I can probably get it again. I really liked that as it was black or white with no gray area. If **** was clean you won, if it wasn't or it was cobbled together, you lost.

·
4,743 Posts
Also to hark on Jamie's or Matt's point about the pinch welds, I think that is a number one pet peeve of mine as well when they are munched up. It doesn't take that much to fix them back into shape either and touch them up. Hell I even made a block of wood with a grove in it to sit on the Jack pad for when I jack my cars up so I don't damage the pinch welds.

When Evan and I judged FocusFest in 2009 that was the number one thing that made Goinloco1 (aka Jack aka SandyVagMan) not score very well as his were munched up left and right.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
You guys are really into this, like at Ferrari owners! My car is a daily driver, I live in upstate NY and it takes a beating. Hell I'll was it and wax it but it isn't ever going to meet the concourse level you strive for.

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
This isn't even remotely close to concourse level!

This is about having owners show off their car at a car show in an attempt to win an award. Those who put forward the effort have the best chance at winning. Those who do not won't win. Simple as that.

We don't want to award someone who just shows up and parks their car on the showfield.

My car is also daily driven, takes a beating, and has a **** ton of miles, but I spend time before the show detailing it right before a 1200 mile drive out there. Then I will detail it again when I arrive. If one takes pride in their car they will put some extra effort in before a car show to prepare for it.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Well, my family thinks I'm obsessive because I was and wax my car. Most people my family never even bothered to wax the car, horrible I know!

My father tells the story of how he asked his father why he didn't wash and wax his car like the neighbors. My grandfather said because "my car is here to serve me not me it".

I'm content with a clean car. been known to spend a day detailing but never approached show car clean

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
The ST owners who were concerned about unfair show judging last year need to know this is how we judge. If they didn't win it's because we look at small things and expect people who show up to a car show to have their car clean and ready.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Ya, I got best st last year and I actually cleaned my car thoroughly for once to ensure I could have a chance to win. Unless the info is passed around, they will have a better chance to take home an award vs leaving empty handed. They do have a lot of competition since I'm sure this will be an even bigger year for the focus st.

I do agree completely with this style of judging because you are going to a car show, if you are showing a car it should be show quality or atleast show clean to get appreciation. Who wants to look at an engine bay covered in road grime and grease or stained carpets inside the car? Little details make the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Well, technically people were informed of the judging criteria last year:

http://forums.focaljet.com/showthread.php?t=671488

Tips to help you for car show judging:
  1. Clean your car!
  2. Having a display board that talks about your modifications is not required, but it doesn't hurt your score either.
  3. If you haven't done so, CLEAN YOUR CAR!
  4. Have your hood open for judging. Closed hoods will result in a score of 0!
  5. Make sure your car is CLEAN!
  6. If you want your interior judged, have your window down. If we can't see in the interior, we can't judge it, and we will give a score of 0 for that portion.
  7. Have a buddy come over before you leave for Focus Rising and HELP YOU CLEAN YOUR CAR!
  8. If you have a modification in your trunk or hatch, that needs to be open as well to show. A trunk or hatch that is closed will not count against the car (some people keep their stuff for the show in there, which is fine) but if you have something to show off, we need to see it so it can be judged.
  9. Finally, when you get to the showfield that morning, go over your car one more time and MAKE SURE IT IS CLEAN!

This was posted on FB as well as the ST forums too.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Just make sure the car is CLEAN lol

·
4,743 Posts
The ST owners who were concerned about unfair show judging last year need to know this is how we judge. If they didn't win it's because we look at small things and expect people who show up to a car show to have their car clean and ready.
Not only that but they need to understand that modifications can have negative points if they are done so poorly. For example if you paint your wheels and you poorly tape off your tires and paint over sprays on to them, expect a deduction in points. BTW I saw this on a local PA-area ST recently that will be attending

·
4,743 Posts
Sad thing is that I still don't think people understood what I was trying to say.

Some folks don't understand higher level judging.

For example I work with eJudged.com which judges the Mothers Shine Award at SEMA as well as my Performance and Style event at work. Josh Fulton's SVT aka Spats old car scores only a 43 out of 100 on their judging and that was in perfectly clean shape. I have their scores from SEMA as well, George Poteet's Torino built by Troy Trepanier only scored a 78 out of 100 and that thing made it to the Elite 8 for the Ridler Award.

I'm a fan of high level judging, because if you are going to do it, do it right and leave no room for speculation.

·
4,743 Posts
Here's the results I have from the Foci last year at P&S:
Josh Fulton: 43 / 100
Thomas Rusu: 39 / 100
Kevin Vitolo: 21 / 100
Ryan Stu: 11 / 100

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Wow, now that's some high level judging. I do agree with the low score on stus car however

·
4,743 Posts
Wow, now that's some high level judging. I do agree with the low score on stus car however
They see it as impossible to score a 10 in a category pretty much as there is always room for improvement.

You should see half the glow-off kids Jamie when they get their car scored and score in the 20's, key example would be your Glow-Off friend with the Neon.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts