Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in New England and and my 2003 Focus LX wagon is a rust bucket. The previous owner (we know each other) gave me the car because it needed a complete brake system overhaul. She suffered suffered a catastrophic brake failure with pedal to the floor.

I replaced absolutely EVERY component except booster and ABS module. I bled the brakes with a motive pressure bleeder. All the fittings are as tight as I dare get them. I used a midlevel scan tool to perform an ABS bleed. And yes I bled the master as best I could before installing it.

So when when I when I bleed front drivers side and rear passenger side all I get is a trickle of fluid. No air that I can tell, and no foam. So, where do I go from here? Could the pedal to the floor have plugged the ABS with debris from the old master? Or should I try and bench bleed the new master again?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
The brake lines at the caliper may be rusted internally. Somewhere years ago I read that on a post here. Might need new calipers and lines, or at least new lines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts