Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tne rotors on my 03 SVT are getting a little tired, so i figured I'd spring for a new setup. As of now the car is mostly stock, but I'd like to have some room to grow into some minor performance mods. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not sure what you're exactly looking for...

For me, I had issues with the front original OE rotors warping... had them cut or turned & they still would warp.

I ended up going with StopTech's cryo-treated slotted & cross drilled rotors in both front and rear.

I actually installed the Ford OE front pad versus the Motorcraft version; don't know if there's any difference between Ford OE or Motorcraft.

The rear I went with Autozone Duralast-GOLD pads.

For me, I mostly haul the family and stuff around... maybe over-kill but I didn't cheap-out on my brakes. They function great and have had no issues.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/brake-rotors/make/ford/model/focus/submodel/svt/brand/stoptech?N=brand%3Astoptech%2Brotor-style%3Across-drilled-and-slotted-surface

Using Summit for parts reference.

Call AutoAnything sales directly... I've had good luck with them beating the advertised retail pricing plus still get free shipping.

Plus don't forget to get a tube of die-electric grease for the guide-pins and Permatex 24125 Ceramic Extreme Brake Lubricate for the pad-tabs piston so the pads can move freely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts