Ford Focus Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1254 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Car looks dope. Love the Mach1 lip on her -- although I'm biased ;)

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,222
You can give it the blow test too. It should seal fully blowing from the motor side/big end.
Yeah I'll give it a test. I'm hoping it's something easy!

Nice pictures! Car looks real good! :thumbup: Hows the drive now that the supercharger is on?
It drives pretty good! Could use more power though. In the future I want to do the CFM crank pulley for more boost, and then ported head/intake manifold with a mild cam.

Car looks dope. Love the Mach1 lip on her -- although I'm biased ;)
Yeah I love the way it looks over the standard SVT lip.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looks good buddy! I still want a ride!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I was taking a peek at this thread again...
1) because who wouldn't want to drool over this car.
2) I like to see a MK1 sedan modified.

*your picture, not mine

Has there been any reason you have not swapped to a rear sedan SAP bumper? I think it would surround the exhaust a little better and flow with the aggressiveness that this car has....

Love it all how it is now, no doubt. But was just curious if you are partial to the MK1 rear end.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,227
I do like the MK1 rear end more than the MK1.5 if I'm honest, however I have thought about modifying an SAP rear bumper to fit the lines of a MK1 rear end.

·
Registered
940 Posts
And Ken has one for sale he should buy! :D

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,232
This build has been put on an a hiatus. I am moving to Arizona next week, and the car has been put up in storage here in Michigan until I come back next time and figure out what I am going to do with it.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,234
You know what sucks? When your car is sitting 2,000 miles away from way you're at and you have the itch to work on it.

I really want to freshen this car up. It needs a lot of preventative maintenance that I've put off for far too long. I would like to put new front lower control arms with fresh bushings on it as well as put a new set of coilovers on it to get rid of the past-their-prime Ksports. It also could stand all new hoses and a radiator as it has all of the original stuff with over 200,000 miles on it.

Not to mention the body work this car needs... I need to pick up a pair of rust free Ford fenders, a new hood and the car desperately needs to be resprayed and made correct. I still never fixed the busted inner fender from where ****stick hit me in the parking lot like 6 years ago either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Glad you're getting the itch bro, I'd love to see the car get some love!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,237
I love when there is an update to this thread. Btw, check FF, one of your threads resurfaced.

Sent from the top of a tree.
Thanks for letting me know, I just posted in there.

Glad you're getting the itch bro, I'd love to see the car get some love!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Thanks buddy! It needs some love!

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Hop to it Blake!

Get her down to AZ and shown some love!

If you're gonna do hoses & radiator why not do the 08-11 setup? Cleans the bay up and new parts! Two birds one stone!

If your ball joints are still good I would just get some poly inserts for the front LCA.

Whatever you do though post about it!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Ship it to AZ! No more rust once it gets there!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,240 (Edited)
Hop to it Blake!

Get her down to AZ and shown some love!

If you're gonna do hoses & radiator why not do the 08-11 setup? Cleans the bay up and new parts! Two birds one stone!

If your ball joints are still good I would just get some poly inserts for the front LCA.

Whatever you do though post about it!
I'll likely just do moog control arm replacements. The ball joints aren't in bad shape, but I'm going to replace everything while I'm in there.

Ship it to AZ! No more rust once it gets there!
I would (and might do that), but I'm still not sure of my long term plan yet. I may end up staying here, or I may end up moving back, or try living somewhere else. Plus, I have a dry barn to store it in for free back home and here I have nowhere to put it, so I'd have to pay for storage.

As an aside, here's what I sold my Ranger for about 5 months ago. Bought it stock, have since done a lot of maintenance, an Old Man Emu/Bilstein 2" lift and Level 8 MK6 wheels.

1221 - 1240 of 1254 Posts