Ford Focus Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1254 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Beigemember: I Lost My Gold in an Unfortunate "Shmelting" Accident

The only reason for checking focaljet is to keep up with this thread since there isn't one on FF...

So awesome, the turbo takes it a step further in an already great looking car. Keep it up. We may not post but lurk for sure.

Once I get my door handles painted our exterior will be spot on.

Keep up the good work!

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Re: Goldmember: Yes, my car is Gold not Beige

Curious how this works out Blake, keep us posted.

^this guy

it only makes 10psi dont call it a stage 3 even if your right.
I understand, but the intercooler option was regarded by FocusSport as the 'stage 3' option.

- Drew

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,210
So after almost 3 weeks, the car finally has a tune on it. I'm not super happy with the numbers it made, so I think in the future I'm going to put a larger crank pulley on it to up the boost. Numbers were 183whp & 164 wtq at 7 psi. Once I pick the car up tomorrow I'll be able to comment on how it drives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43p52QQ7Tk0

·
Registered
940 Posts
So after almost 3 weeks, the car finally has a tune on it. I'm not super happy with the numbers it made, so I think in the future I'm going to put a larger crank pulley on it to up the boost. Numbers were 183whp & 164 wtq at 7 psi. Once I pick the car up tomorrow I'll be able to comment on how it drives.
Nice! I actually don't think the numbers are that bad for 7psi on that setup. I've seen some older dyno graphs
of just the stage 1 non-intercooled kit and it only made 164whp/138tq on the same 7psi. Bump the boost to
around 10-11 and you should be easily over 200whp.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,212
I was hoping for 200whp, at least that's my goal. I think with the larger crank pulley I should be around 9-10 psi, so yeah I'm hoping that will put me at my goal. Maybe do some PnP work on the head/intake manifold/throttle body too. We'll see how crazy I decide to get with it.............I suppose I should drive it before I start complaining, right? Haha.

Those numbers were on a Mustang dyno too, so I think I'd be ~190 whp on a Dynojet.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,215 (Edited)
Made it to and from Carlisle AFN without any issues other than the connector for the air-water intercooler water pump seems to be making intermittent connection. 1,100 miles! I'm very proud.

Since the supercharger went on the car, it's developed an oil leak around what seems to be the oil filter gasket. I replaced it with a new filter and it still leaks. After driving 1,100 miles, there's oil splatter all over the front subframe, axle etc and a nice streak of oil up the bottom side of the filter. I'm kind of at a loss as to where it's coming from at this point. I never had this issue before boost. It doesn't really seem to be using any oil either, I've checked the dipstick numerous times and it reads fine.

Any of you have any ideas where to check next? I don't believe the oil filter housing is separate from the block on a Zetec is it?

Here's a couple of photos taken by Rob Thomas and Rick Lundstrom:

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Great shots!! Loved the car and really enjoyed getting the chance to sit down and chat for a while.

One thing just crossed my mind on the oil leak, how is your PCV routed? Is it working properly? Not sure if a poorly functioning PCV could cause a leak at the filter though, just brainstorming. Might be worth looking into an oil dye kit so you can try to trace the leak.

-Steve

·
I
13,302 Posts
Did you change the PCV valve Blake? Try the Ford EV-127A. Not a parts store equivalent, Motorcraft only. It's a direct fit for the Zetec/SVT and is the valve spec'd for the 2.3 turbo Lima. Turbo Ford guys blow oil out the dipstick tube with the incorrect PCV valve (ours isn't sealed).

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,218
When I got the kit it came with a different PCV valve that I stuck in. I'm about 99% sure it was the EV-127A. And it rattled like it was still working properly. I can double check though.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Nice pictures! Car looks real good! :thumbup: Hows the drive now that the supercharger is on?

1201 - 1220 of 1254 Posts