Ford Focus Forum banner

301 - 313 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
^hahaha Matt! I didn't realize you had posted in here; I wish you weren't selling your car off...

Anyhoos, small update here -- I have struggled off and on whether or not to de-emblem the interior of my car for the last few years -- only because I had been loathe to redo what took a considerable amount of time and effort to accomplish in the first place. I had originally built the car to be a homage to a stateside Mk1 'ST' if Ford were to make one; in fact the Focus ST hadn't even been announced when I built her. Well, now that we get the juicy overseas fast fords here my interior is starting to look a bit silly at best and a badge whore at worst. So she is going under the knife again.

Here she is at Davis Brothers Upholstery in their shiny new location:

And looking out the window, there's my other baby! ;)

So we have a new Italian hide coming in the same delicious shade of Graphite Gray as before (Grigio Grafite). This time around we are going for a more timeless, classic approach to the interior. I have never liked aftermarket seats with the exception of Recaros (EAP or otherwise) so we will be retrimming the seats with some pleating.
The overall effect will be quite a lot more aggressive, but still comfortable. And won't be going out of style anytime soon.

The suede covered cargo cover will receive a new blank insert with new leather and the old insert with the 'ST' stitching will be handed down to the '01 which will have all euro bodywork front to back. Again, the euro bodywork pictured here is for the '01. The '04 will retain the smoothed SVT front as shown.

Well, that's all for now. Will update when it's all done ;)
--chaz

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
U have to many cars, give me one!

Nice to see the updates!
Thank you Jordan, thanks Greg!

So, things are progressing, Marty got the upper on the first seat stitched up and mounted, it is only mocked up on the lower (which is why it looks slightly out of alignment).
It'll all be sort3d out and lined up perfectly once he's all done.

Before and after:

Upper and lower mock up:

I can't wait to see them finished and installed.
If there are any Seattle locals browsing make sure to check out Davis Brothers Upholstery in Seatac (they used to be in Auburn). These guys do amazing work.
I'll post up more info as things progress.
--chaz

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
^thank you sirs :thumbup:

Interior is finished and it came out fantastic. It looks even better in person as you lose the 3-dimensionality of the pleating in pics.

I have only two very minor things left to do on this car and she is completely and I mean completely finished.
It's been a long but rewarding journey with her. Gonna just enjoy the hell outta her now.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Wow the seats look great! Maybe someday I will live up to my aspirations of having an LG ZX3 as nice as yours!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
^thanks fellas :)

Had the rear cargo cover redone as well, this time sans the 'ST' nomenclature. Came out awesome.

301 - 313 of 313 Posts