Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have either the Cobb or fswerks bracket with their automatic transmission focus???

I was wondering what kind of benefit you saw from it. Did you think it was worth it?

Manual owners feel free to chime in also

·
Registered
389 Posts
I assume by "bracket", you mean the rear motor mount (transaxle roll restrictor). I'm using the Mazdaspeed 3 unit. It made a substantial difference, and it's not as stiff as the FSWerks or Cobb units (not stiff enough, actually). I think this is a very worthwhile upgrade for any Mk3, regardless of trans. Several FF users have stated that it was a nice upgrade for the auto.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm planning on putting the COBB Tuning one in on my Focus at the soonest opportunity I get. Considering there's nothing new on the horizon for power stuff, getting all of our power down and improving drivability should be something every Focus owner on here should be concerned with. :)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Terry. Yes I meant the rear motor mount. I am not sure why I said bracket. Lol

Very good things so far. I am really eyeing the fswerks unit. I am
Happy with their stuff so far.

Kay why the Cobb tuning one?

·
Registered
768 Posts
COBB simply has a pretty darn solid reputation for excellent products. I love FSWERKS' stuff too, obviously, but I'd love to give COBB some love too on my car. Plus, it's a really good looking piece.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a gorgeous piece.

I am leaning towards fswerks. Their quality is pretty nice also. I like the fact that they are doing the entire focus line, not just the ST.

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Ford factory mount for the electric focus on my car, I had been getting heavy wheel hop on hard launches, and now it just hooks and goes, Helped the feel of the car in every way, with no increase in vibration.

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes. Amazing how much stronger the new mount is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts