Ford Focus Forum banner

Anyone local to Seattle area have an extra MTX-75 (zetec) laying around?

481 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CharlesWA 
#1 ·
Mine is hosed. Car is a 2001 configuration. Maybe you have one you brought with you Lorin? Will be installing a new Quaife to complement it.
Thanks in advance.
--chaz

#2 ·
Please let me know if you're planning to scrap/recycle the old one. I've got a rebuilt one from a few years ago that I didn't realize until well after the fact was missing the reverse idler gear. Still need to find one of those that fits right (Ford has at least 3 different ones and I've tried 2).

#3 ·
Tore down the car today Charles. Won't crack the case until Monday to see what we're up against.
Quaife arrived today.

#4 ·
I've set the pre-load on my Quaife a couple of times. Not that bad of a process, just need a dial indicator and the specs. First one in the case that turned out not to have a reverse idler gear then the second time into my factory installed gearbox. That gearbox is now pretty worn out. :( I'll need to do something eventually for a rebuild as well as the reverse-less gearbox also had a 4.06 FD installed in it during its "incomplete" rebuild by the prior owner and I'd rather put that in the non-PWSC car and keep a 3.82 (or go lower even) in the PWSC car to lengthen out second gear for AutoX.

I'm not sure when I'd have time to get down your way to help but at the very least I can answer questions on the diff bearing pre-load process if you have any.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.