Ford Focus Forum banner

Anybody interested in a parts car? Need gone ASAP

1K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  SE SPORTNY 
#1 · (Edited)
Tldr; a guy made me put my parts car on "hold" for him, haven't heard from him in months, need the car gone before the weather hits, moderately built car.

Almost a year ago I rolled my focus, and a couple months after that I made the decision to keep it for parts on my next focus, but that next focus didn't happen, so an acquaintance agreed to buy the car for parts for his focus. The problem is, I have yet to see a single payment or even hear from the guy after we came to this agreement. I can't keep the car for another winter since the rain will create unfavorable working conditions for the soul who takes it home.
The car has a fair amount of mods but most of them have been affected by the accident. It is an automatic, but the parts I'm hinging this sale on are not directly affected by that fact. The only two sets of parts I'm relying on for this sale are the PowerWorks supercharger (manual included) and the SSBC Force 10 brakes (manual included). I'm not really sure what to ask for them since their age was fairly high before the car even got totaled and what still works is not known by me.
I can't bring myself to scrap it as it sits because something about those Pic-N-Pull vultures who work there really bothers me. I can't give them perfectly good parts. And I don't have enough mechanical know-how to tell which parts are still good, though I could still take the car apart if it goes that way.
Is there any interest for a car like this? I know it may not be the most desirable of all but it has to be worth more than a monument of my failures in my driveway, or $250 scrap.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
It was only myself in the car luckily, and I walked away with no injuries, just broken pride lol
I am only looking to see $750 for it. I don't want to give it away at scrap price, but I don't want to ask a ridiculous amount of money.
It's a 2000, ZTS, I will upload some pictures as soon as I find them.

#6 ·
Here's some pictures from just after the accident. If I'd have known that covering it wouldn't be good for the interior I wouldn't have done it, but I did so the interior is pretty bad.
It runs, but the gas is settling so I haven't run it since about a month after the accident. I will probably siphon that out this week or next.

#11 ·
I'm only looking to sell the whole car, time won't allow me to part it out and scrap it myself.

#14 · (Edited)
It is Atlantic blue, but the bumper could have been affected by the crash, I couldn't guarantee the integrity of the paint or the mounting locations.
I'm located just south of the Portland area.

#16 ·
If it comes to sending the car away to scrap I will get a quote on the bumper and sell it to you if you still want it with the price shipping will be.

#17 ·
So, there were no biters so the car is getting scrapped. The bumper will cost a fair amount of change to ship, and at the point of its damage I would feel bad even charging as much as the shipping would be for it, as you can usually find some bumpers on eBay for a pretty good price. I can get you the real numbers tomorrow when I have the quote in front of me.

#19 ·
So even just charging $20 bucks for the bumper it would be over $100, not sure if any other carriers have cheaper prices but I only trust 3. You might have better luck going with a fresh new bumper or one in good shape nearby. Sorry to disappoint.

#20 ·
Car was scrapped as is. :(
Hopefully someday I will get into another focus and build it right from the start - manual, turbo, forged internals, etc. I may not have been very active on this forum but I'm sure I will miss it. Guess it's back to lurking for now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.