Ford Focus Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
FullMetal said:
just so everyone know thats all those cars listed use a different filter the zetec's of the new. old contours used a different filter on the zetec back in 1996-1997. we use a fl400s where v-6's and v-8's use a bigger filter. so that tsb does not relate to us. if you have anymore tsb questions fordsvtparts can help so can i since my job uses mitchel on-demand live(inter-net based) which is updated everyday. Also im a member of iatn. i will answer any repair questions.

The post I put has the SSM out for this. There is no TSB that I have found yet. I havent found the one for the Focus yet. I know that the one I posted says it says it is for the 4.6 and 5.4.
I am a service advisor for a Ford Dealership and I have acces to fmcdealer...thats how I found that one. As soon as I find the one for the focus I will post it.

MadDawg

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good luck there isn't one

·
Registered
5,587 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
yes there is no such tsb my boss is a ford master tech and he said it only relates to the bigger designed filters that are in use on the bigger engine ford makes. and only to certain brands and most of those brands fixed the problems and plus it had to do with oil starvation and we svt owers are lucky enough to have oil pressure gauges built into our cars

·
Registered
1 Posts
as a tech for 25 yrs at ford dealership, i highly recommend not using the orange can fram filters up to the silver can on any vehicle.all card board and glue end caps, when these get hot enough the layers of the filter and the glue start separating and some point will start clogging the filter causing bypass and shoving all that loose material through your engine.
i have cut these apart more often than i can count,(replaced engines due to these failing quite often) almost everyone of them was coming apart, and typically you can buy a better oil filter than fram for less money.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts