Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This travel trailer belongs to a friend of mine in SoCal; he sent me the pics after I mentioned that I'd like to build a smaller version of a 'teardrop' to tow behind the Focus (U.S. spec tow capacity is 1000 lbs.); teh teardrop fever is all aaron's fault (where's he been lately?).

I was orginally going to email these to bigdaddyzx3, but when my email glitched on a forwarding attempt, I resized them for PM, then decided to share them with whoever's interested on [FJ].

Pics taken at Santa Barbara Mission and Jalama State Beach. Enjoy:

·
Almost choked on a Girl Scout ...cookie
16,227 Posts
most excellent example of the golden era of the trailer. :thumbup:

I am just aching to get started on my teardrop.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
So the Armadillo IS your house ??

Otherwise,
Pretty cool and very nice example, the smaller versions are VERY pricey nowadays, I looked a couple of years back and they were quite expensive. I think you maybe able to get a retro-new version though.

-bix

·
1,513 Posts
airstream- 'nuf said

there's a little "bed and breakfast" thing in Bisbee AZ that has "rooms" that are all refurbished trailers like that one. I'll see if I can find the name/link...

EDIT- hera ya go: bitchin' trailer park

Old Bisbee rocks on Halloween from what I hear, they supposedly wear masks 364 days a year, except for Halloween

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
only thing that would make those pictures cooler is an equally retro tow vehicle. 56 F100, maybe?

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
This travel trailer belongs to a friend of mine in SoCal; he sent me the pics after I mentioned that I'd like to build a smaller version of a 'teardrop' to tow behind the Focus (U.S. spec tow capacity is 1000 lbs.); teh teardrop fever is all aaron's fault (where's he been lately?).

I was orginally going to email these to bigdaddyzx3, but when my email glitched on a forwarding attempt, I resized them for PM, then decided to share them with whoever's interested on [FJ].

Pics taken at Santa Barbara Mission and Jalama State Beach. Enjoy:

Hi,
I hope you don't mind me asking this but I recently purchased a 1955/56 PleasureCraft trailer and can find very little information or photos to work from for restoration. This posting comes up on Google searches but the photos do not display for some reason. Wondering if you still have these photos or anyway for me to get in touch with the trailer's owner? It is important to me to make the restoration as accurate as possible.
Thanks and regards,
Ken

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
@ ZX34Zane That place looks pretty rockin'. Doubt there's much sobriety there, and the rules sort of read like a clothing optional place, "This is an adults only getaway. Young adults over 15 years of age are welcome."

@ Z63R Can't see your pics (P bucket BS), but I'm going to assume its in your avatar.

I've wanted something I can tow behind my FoFo, and have looked at the lightweight models available now and they are pretty pricey. My older brother, who drives an '08 Miata, has also wanted a micro trailer to tow when he goes to races (Tudor, SCCA vintage), but has also seen the prices.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Ha-I remember this ancient thread!

Z63R(Chris) hasn't posted on focaljet since 2014..doubt you will get a response.

I haven't been here much lately either..

Jaybones I just noticed almost every thread here in pitstop is started by you lol!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1974 Ventura 10 foot fiberglass travel trailer for sale. Sleeps 3. There is a fridge, 2 burner stove, furnace, and sink. All are in working condition. Also comes with a propane tank and a battery. Very light weight similar to the boler. It weighs 1600 pounds GVW and around 1000 pounds dry weight. Good tires and bearings were just greased this spring. There are no leaks. It was repaired in the front drivers side at one time. No bathroom but lots of storage for a little trailer. xD xD xD

If you encounter an HTTP Error 503 Service Unavailable error when you open a webpage, you’re not alone. Many Windows users are reporting it. But the good news is you can fix it. The following are three fixes you can try. You may not have to try them all. Just work your way down until you find the one that works.
Fix 1: Reload the page
Fix 2: Power cycle your router and modem
The http error 503 may also results from wrong configurations or settings in your network connection. In this case, power cycling your router and modem can help you solve the problem.
Fix 3: Try later
It is also possible that the http error 503 results from the server side. If your Internet connection is normal and you still get the error, you may need to wait until the website resolves the problem. Try logging on the website later and see if the error is fixed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts