Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

So this is now my 3rd SVT. I sure hope this one last longer than the last one.

See old car here http://forums.focaljet.com/showthread.php/682658-04-SVT-ZX5-(CD-Silver-Blue-129)

It came with a set of Fiesta ST wheels and tires, some spare parts and a bunch of goodies already installed. Koni orange, H&R sport springs, H&R 24mm RSB(and poly endlinks), FSWERKS front and rear strut bars, CFM STS with Steeda shift knob, CFM(?) high-flow cat, Vibrant(?) cat-back exhaust, K&N filter, BBK 66mm TB, and (best upgrade) SCT X4 with FSWERKS SVT tune.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds very nice!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Cool find! The list is about everything to make it a perky as it can be in NA trim. Looks good in the pic, too.

What happened to the last one?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool find! The list is about everything to make it a perky as it can be in NA trim. Looks good in the pic, too.

What happened to the last one?
Thanks. So far it's been fun. A bit louder in looks and sounds.

My last one was demolished. See link in first post

·
Registered
37 Posts

So this is now my 3rd SVT. I sure hope this one last longer than the last one.

See old car here http://forums.focaljet.com/showthread.php/682658-04-SVT-ZX5-(CD-Silver-Blue-129)

It came with a set of Fiesta ST wheels and tires, some spare parts and a bunch of goodies already installed. Koni orange, H&R sport springs, H&R 24mm RSB(and poly endlinks), FSWERKS front and rear strut bars, CFM STS with Steeda shift knob, CFM(?) high-flow cat, Vibrant(?) cat-back exhaust, K&N filter, BBK 66mm TB, and (best upgrade) SCT X4 with FSWERKS SVT tune.
How does that tune work? What improvements are noticed? Any better MPG with it?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's hard to compare directly as I hadn't driven my old one for 3 weeks and this one came with the tune already installed, along with everthing else. From what I can recall it definitely feels more ballsy than my old one. Unfortunately the snow tires that it came with are utter crap. My Michelins were bloody awesome. These ones slip constantly under acceleration so I won't really be able to form an opinion on how it really feels until the weather warms up and I can put some proper tires on. The guy I bought it from did say he noticed an improvement in mileage after the tune though. I've only gone through one tank of gas so far and I measured just under 27mpg (city driving).

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
How does that tune work? What improvements are noticed? Any better MPG with it?
When I had my SVTF, I got 2 tunes from FSW (from Randy, just before he left for Mountune) a 91 & 93 octane tune. There wasn't much difference between those 2 flasher tunes, so I just ran with the 91, but there was a very noticeable difference between the stock tune and either re-flash. I used to describe it as though the car felt like it was leaning forward, ready to run hard at the slightest touch... no hesitations... when linked to an ORP, 2.5" flex/cat-back, a modified TB, and foam filter, the car was much more fun than stock (albeit louder) and with suspension/tire mods it was track-ready and as quick as it could be NA. Get a tune, you won't regret it... even with everything else stock.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Previous owner upgraded the fogs to hid.

Installed some useful gauges.(AFR & voltmeter)

And front and rear FWerks strut tower bars.

I added The Stig.

And some proper race tires

On proper OZ Racing Superleggeras.

Looking pretty good. Ready for its 3rd auto-x.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Both my previous cars were STF, but this one has a bigger throttle body which puts it in FSP, all other mods are STF legal. I'm contemplating going back to the stock throttle body as FSP is not a very good pax for my driving skill, but the car is very fun.
And speaking of very fun, I had a massive tank slapper on my 3rd run in the damp. Then it got sunny and dry so I switched tires and cut off 6 sec. So much grip with the new tires. I was really surprised and very pleased.

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Both my previous cars were STF, but this one has a bigger throttle body which puts it in FSP, all other mods are STF legal. I'm contemplating going back to the stock throttle body as FSP is not a very good pax for my driving skill, but the car is very fun.
And speaking of very fun, I had a massive tank slapper on my 3rd run in the damp. Then it got sunny and dry so I switched tires and cut off 6 sec. So much grip with the new tires. I was really surprised and very pleased.
I technically should have been in FSP as well due to the euro rear bumper but I ran with a bunch of guys who all had 1 "illegal" mod for the class so nobody cared.

I would stick it out in FSP, should challenge you more to improve your skills

1 - 11 of 11 Posts