Ford Focus Forum banner

02fordsvt's 02 Ford Svt

6K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  Mile30 
#1 ·
Some of you may already know me and my car from another forum but I thought I might as well drop by here as well. As an introduction, here the a quick picture rundown of the 2002 Focus Svt I bought almost two years ago. It started out with 86000 miles and is now pushing 106000 and hasn't had a single day out of service for mechanical reasons.

Early last summer.

End of last summer.

Mid winter.

And how it sits know even though it want stay like this for long. There's always something more to do and try.

Current Performance Modifications
Air Intake Scoop
K&N Air Filter

Current Interior Modifications
Body Color Interior Trim Pieces
Windshield Shade
"Short Throw" Shifter
Pioneer Head Unit
10" Verge Subwoofer
400 Watt Dual Amp
Full Rear Area Interior Build Including Flat Floor and Multiple Storage Areas.

Current Exterior Modifications
Black Painted Svt Summer Wheels
White Painted Cougar Winter Wheels
Tinted Side and Front Turn Signals, Taillights, and Fog lights
Body Color Hatch Trim Piece and Front Air Dam
Debadged
Rear Blue oval emblem delete
Shaved antenna
Side Trim Removed
Custom Mudflaps
Custom Front Grill
Custom Built Hitch Mount

See less See more
#13 ·
No, it hasn't changed but I keep adding more and more stuff to it. My real work season has started to I keep needing to carry more things with me. It's great not having all this stuff floating around the back of the car getting lost and making noise.

So everyone know what I'm talking about, here's some pics of my interior build that I did over the winter. I was still in winter mode when I took this.

#16 ·
what the ****?

that poor, poor SVT

#19 ·
Thats definitely maximizing the space in the back. nice job!

That had to take some time with all those shelves and compartments.

If you wanted to please all the "looks"-people...slapping some of that subwoofer carpeting on everything would REALLY class it up and still keep all the compartment uses. Its inexpensive too.

#22 ·
Thanks all.

It took a while to build (most of the winter) but I was only working 4 hours a day over most of the winter so this seemed like a good way to spend my time.

I'm planning on keeping it wood at least for now until I get a better idea of how dirty the back is going to get. I used to have to carry a lot of dirty items at work and it was a pain cleaning the original carpets, but I'm doing less of that now so carpet may be in the near future. It would undeniably look better as long as it's practical.

Looks at home in that snow! I love it!
It does, this Svt loves the snow. I've had snow coming over the hood before and it keeps on pushing. Studded tires doesn't hurt either.

Just curious.... why not use MDF instead and wrap everything to give it a cleaner look? ...

I do like the utility feature.
Everything that you see is a very thin birch board (I can't remember what size but I think it's 1/8") painted black. I used it for two reasons: It's strong, light, and doesn't need much framing underneath, and most importantly, it was all free. It's hard to argue against free. lol

It's my hope to someday find a much lighter material and start lightening up some parts of it (especially the floor and subwoofer box) but it was most important for me to get something like this built so all my items I have to carry for work weren't floating around the back anymore. Like the rest of my car, it will always be a work in progress.

#36 ·
Now, back to business with the only post out of 12 that's even worthy of considering.

I only have one problem with a rattle right now but I've tracked it down to the PS rear compartment. When I get the time, I need to take that portion back apart and take care of it. As far an everything stored in there rattling, no, it doesn't and I drive on a lot of rough gravel roads.

#26 ·
The people on this site would rather laugh at ones' creation and uniquess of it, unless they had a hand in it. The only actual constructive critisim on here would be to these jerk-off users on this site who build Foci to the their specs for another worthless "OWNER" or "USER" on this site who has no creativity or mechanicial skills.

Basically to be a newbie on this site means coming here with a stock focus and having these idiots build it for you.

This site is a joke
I have no creativity or mechanical skills?

:lol: I have quite a few clients around the continent who would beg to differ. :lol:

#30 ·
See what I mean? You have clients, you build cars for them and are probably one of the ones on this site who laughs at people for doing it themselves. I see nothing wrong with 02fordsvt's build so far, it is creative, original and functional to what "HE" wanted. I bet you wouldn't have done that for him.
Go look at my build thread, buddy; I play both sides of the court. I do everything on my car myself, as well. Not a single part has been just "installed" on my car. Everything on it has been changed or personalized to put my own spin on it. There's being unique, then there's being unique and taking the time/patience/attention to detail to do it right.

I'm too broke for big-ticket projects on my daily driver (college will do that to your wallet:lol:), so I have to take time to pay attention to the small things, as well.

#32 ·
I can understand that, but for some people to get on here and act like this is ridicilous:
soooo, a post where he imagines driving that car and posts his thoughts of it is ridiculous?

Step back and think for a second. How much noise will all that stuff in those cabinets make going down a road? A LOT. It would be ungodly annoying.

#35 ·
This isn't a discussion anymore, this is an argument. I know I'm probably not the best one to say this because I've already done more than my fair share already, but this is getting to be ridiculous. You are all acting like five year olds, I'm ashamed to even admit that I drive the same car as some of you. If this is how you're going to act, you are simply a disgrace to the Focus community.

I'm not even going to try to defend anything because apparently you are all "right" and everything anyone else says is wrong. If your just going to sit in here and argue all the time, get out of here and do it somewhere else so we can get back to "discussing." I'm not sitting here crying because some people don't like what I've done. People can feel free to do that and voice it, but I'm not going to sit here and watch all you fighting over petty little things in my thread so here are some ground rules I expect you all to follow whenever you are in this thread.

I don't want to hear anymore personal attacks on anyone in here anymore. Anyone can feel free to voice their opinions and concerns but I expect everyone to respect that of others. This isn't kindergarten anymore, we are all adults and we should be able to act like ones. I don't know if the "report" button means much on this site, but I'm not going to be afraid to use it if I see anymore personal attacks and petty argument in this thread. You all can do whatever you want in the rest of this forum but I'm laying down what I expect out of everyone in this thread. No one asked you to be in here and if you don't like it, leave.

#39 ·
Can you do us a favor and at very least vacuum out the car? I wouldn't be caught dead in a car that outrageously dirty
That I can do.

I know it's less believable coming from me, but it looks much better in person that in pictures. I had to use a strong flash to get any good pictures and it brings out all the defects and streaks. If anyone has ever had anything painted black in a dark area, they will know what I'm talking about.

I fully realize that its not the best looking interior, but I never intended it to be; if I was going for looks, I would have left it untouched. Practicality was first and foremost and cost was a close second and both parts were a major success (the only things I needed to buy for this whole build were some hinges). As time goes on and money starts flowing in more, I hope to work on the visual parts, but first, I need to know what works and what doesn't and make the necessary changes.

Lastly, I'd like to thank everyone for getting things back under control. It's appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.