Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yup I used to use dish soap to slip new grips on motorcycle handlebars. Works like a charm!

So here is a neat pic I got at the RC Pro Texas State Finals this past weekend. Yes, that is a sick Z06 that just happens to be supercharged! Love that carbon fiber lip! Just thought I'd share my little gush. :D Also you can see my new lip installed or something... whatever.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well I finally got around to replacing the parking brake cables. Geez the old cables were a pain to remove but the new ones went in without any issues. Here is a shot of new vs old cables. Think they needed to be replaced? ;)

Then I decided to snap a little shot before the Waco Sunday Cruise. :cool:

Then while on the cruise, this happened... :| I don't know what this is technically called. Shifter mount? The front side is what broke during a higher speed run shifting from 3rd to 4th.

It's one thing after another with this car... but I guess it keeps me interested.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So I finally sold my motorcycle and I have some cash to throw around. I'm looking at picking up the CFM UDP's finally, the CFM short-throw shifter, and a TruBendz exhaust.
Thoughts? Recommendations?

·
Potato Camera Operator
8,401 Posts
I'm not at all a fan of Trubendz exhaust. I'm a bit fo a snob with exhaust, but I definitely think it is something spending the right money at the right time on. If you want a readily-available kit, my opinion is that FSWerks is the only answer for Focus exhaust. It is simply the best there is.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well whatever exhaust I buy, I'm going to have to do some minor mods to get it to fit the wagon. FSW was my first choice but I know a couple of former FJ members that ran Trubendz on their 13 sec ZX3's and they were pointing me in that direction. Honestly I was wanting a true Borla system but I quickly learned that getting one is hardly likely.

Any thoughts on the CFM short-throw? I also entertained the thought of picking up the CFM 65mm T-body but I'd like to know what gains I could expect in combination with minor mods (intake, exhaust, pulleys).

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I've had the trubendz 2.5" Borla kit on my car for 4 years and have had no issues, I say go for it. Plus it's all mandrel-bent stainless steel.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I've had the trubendz 2.5" Borla kit on my car for 4 years and have had no issues, I say go for it. Plus it's all mandrel-bent stainless steel.
How are the tones with the Borla muffler? Quiet idle? Loud at highway speeds? Just curious about how bad the cabin drone is. I'll likely get 2.25" since I won't be going too crazy with the mods for a couple years.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well after some debating, I've decided I'm going to trade my Ram in for a new Focus ST. If the dealer tempts me enough, I will likely be trading the ZTW as well. I know I'll hardly get anything for the wagon but it's going towards a good cause.

Some parts will be pulled and posted for sale. Or maybe one of you guys wants to buy the wagon??? :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Bought a new 2013 Focus ST in Tangerine Scream. HID's, Recaro's etc. Still have the ZTW!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Pic from the local cruise the other day. My ST3 and my lady's SRT8! :D

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I raced a lady with a srt8 challenger in my focus. It was ugly and she was pissed. One of my last and most memorable kills. 60 roll and I let her get the jump just so I could see her face when I blew her doors off. :evilgrin:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I wish the ST was as fast as our SRT8 :(

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Decided to take a few quick pics before loading up the ZTW the other day. I have a few more engine mods I want to do then I'm going to move on to the ST. Once the ST has a couple minor mods and is rolling right, I have plans to start doing some major work on the ZTW.

#nomakeup #nofilter:rolleyes:

Then my cousin decided to show up with his Stage 1.5 WRX.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Don't ever sell that wagon! That thing is way more unique than an ST will ever be.
Selling the wagon will never be an option! I actually almost enjoy driving the ZTW more than the ST, which sounds insane to anyone that has ever driven an ST. I looked long and hard for the wagon and after giving up, I found this piece of junk by accident. I've slowly been going through it over the last year. The work came to a halt when I realized I was letting my RC racing slip just after I picked up some new sponsors.

Currently I have a coolant leak and an engine light that is constantly triggered by an EVAP system leak that I can't find. Any help would be appreciated!:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Simple update:

Finally fixed the EVAP leak and the wagon is running much better. Just bought a FC short-throw and FC 65mm T-body. I'm trying to sell off my 17's with the BFG's (going back to stock). Looking for an SCT X3 and a CFM UDP kit. May also be interested in SVT header and cat/flex.

Is it a pain to replace wheel bearings (f&r) and/or CV joints?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Recent pic:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Well I've got a "shake" in my steering wheel. It's pretty bad around 55-60mph and starts to go away around 65-70mph. Wheels and tires are straight and balanced. Took the rotors to get turned and they were fine. I did tear a CV boot a while back so maybe I have bad CV joints?
Thinking I'll replace CV joints on both sides as well as the intermediate shaft (which has a noisy retainer bearing), knuckles on both sides with bearing and hubs.

Am I heading in the right direction? Thoughts?

41 - 60 of 64 Posts